If you know of anyone who will be 5 on or before September 1st, please let me Liberty Elementary know by ASAP by filling out the following form: Kindergarten Enrollment Information
The form can be returned to Liberty Elementary or emailed to email@example.com
Kindergarten Orientation will be held in the school library on Thursday, April 18th at 3:30.
School will be dismissed at 12:55 on March 22. There will be no Late Start on Monday, April 29 to make up instructional time on the early out day from March 22. On March 22, PM kindergarten will come from 8:30-11:30. There will be no AM kindergarten. We understand that some families already have vacation plans for spring break that begin March 22. If that is the case, we ask that you contact our attendance secretary, Mrs. Martinez and she will grant you an extra “Vacation” day without needing to fill out a vacation form on this rare occasion.
Just a reminder that Monday, February 11 is a late start day. School starts at 10:30 for all students. Students will be allowed inside for breakfast at 10:25. Teachers will be at professional development until school begins, so please do not send students until school begins- as students will be unsupervised. School will be dismissed at the normal time. AM kindergarten will run form 10:30-11:30 and PM kindergarten will have a normal day.
Utah Law requires all students to receive Child Abuse training. Parents are welcome to preview the curriculum or sit in on the training. Please see the attached link for the schedule. If you opt your child out of the training, you will need to come to the office and sign a note and give it to Principal Burnside.
Murray School District is hosting a meeting for the parents/guardians of all kindergarten students in the district regarding their Spanish Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program. The meeting will be held on December 13, 2018. Attached is a flier with more information.
Please click here for more information: DLI Parent Introductory Meeting 2018-19
There will be NO SCHOOL for students this Friday, September 28. It is a compensatory day for secondary schools and professional development day for elementary schools.
Also, on the following Monday, October 1, we will have our first district Late Start Day when all schools will start two hours later than normally scheduled times. (Breakfast at Liberty will be served at 10:25 and the first bell will ring at 10:30). School will end at regular times.
Thank you, and have a good weekend.
I would like to welcome each of you to the start of what is sure to be a fantastic year at Liberty Elementary! I am very excited for another year here and I look forward to working together with you in the education of your child. This year should be the “Best in the West”.
There has been lots of planning and preparation in order to get reading for this school year and I can assure you that the staff of Liberty Elementary is committed to providing an excellent academic and nurturing environment for your child. We are off to a great start and your support of the school is truly appreciated!
Because so many things come home on the 1st day of school, we will be sending home a packet of information with each family at back to school night. I would like to highlight a couple of important points:
- This year we will be serving an optional breakfast starting at 8:20 to ALL students for free. Students will eat breakfast in their classroom. Those students who choose not to eat breakfast will have an alternative activity.
- At the beginning of each month I will both email and send home a calendar highlighting the monthly events happening here at Liberty. We will also be sending text or email reminders through Remind as these events happen. We highly encourage you to download the app if you have yet downloaded it. Teachers will also be using Remind to communicate regularly with you.
- We also have a private Facebook group. If you are not a member, please search for us “Liberty Leopards Families”.
- This year in the folder coming home at back to school night, I have included a calendar of events already planned for the year for your planning convenience.
- We have applications in the office for free/reduced lunch. Please stop by the office and fill one out if you can benefit from this. Each year you must reapply.
- Please remember that all important information including lunch menus, community council meetings, and the latest events can be found on our school webpage: liberty.murrayschools.org
- Please make sure you follow our drop-off and pick-up procedures when using the drop-off zone. We want to make sure all students are safe!
- Please make sure to register your child online if you have not yet done so. Your child will not be able to use the computers until you do so.
- We will be having a reunification drill on Friday, September 21st at 2:00. All students must be checked out by an adult. Look for more information in your back to school folder and for information to come home in the coming weeks.
This year we will be having Back to School Night on Wednesday, August 22nd beginning at 6:30 pm. We hope you can join us for an hour where lots of important information will be shared. I highly encourage you to make this a priority. If there is ever anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to call or drop by the office.
Liberty Elementary will be closed on Monday, August 13 from 7:30 AM-3:30 PM.
All school personnel will be participating in district and school-wide training.
We are sorry for any inconvenience. We will resume normal hours on Tuesday at 8:00 AM.
It is now time to register for this upcoming school year. EVERY student must register each year. Please make sure you have 2-3 emergency contacts and that you have updated both addresses and phone numbers. If your child takes any medications at school, don’t forget to have your family doctor sign a medical release. This must be updated yearly as well. Click link below to take you to Murray School District’s registration page:
Once you have registered, we will post your child’s teacher in Aspire no later than August 15th. School begins for all students on August 21st.
New this year- we will be serving breakfast free to all students. Students will pick up their breakfast and eat their breakfast in their classrooms. Our new bell schedule will be as follows:
8:20 Breakfast Bell
8:30 Hallway Bell (Students will be excused with their breakfasts and allowed to exit the lunchroom)
8:35 Classroom Bell (Those who choose not eat a breakfast enter the building closest to their classroom)
School will still be dismissed at 3:15
As Back to School sales start, here are supply lists for each grade. These lists are provided as suggested donations. Click on the link to print. Back to School Night will be on the evening of Wednesday, August 22nd starting at 6:30 PM.
The First Day of School Begins on Monday August 20th for all students. The first bell rings at 8:35. This includes kindergarten! We hope you enjoy your summer and can’t wait to see you again in August!