I would like to welcome each of you to the start of what is sure to be a fantastic year at Liberty Elementary! I am very excited for another year here and I look forward to working together with you in the education of your child. This year should be the “Best in the West”.
There has been lots of planning and preparation in order to get reading for this school year and I can assure you that the staff of Liberty Elementary is committed to providing an excellent academic and nurturing environment for your child. We are off to a great start and your support of the school is truly appreciated!
Because so many things come home on the 1st day of school, we will be sending home a packet of information with each family at back to school night. I would like to highlight a couple of important points:
- This year we will be serving an optional breakfast starting at 8:20 to ALL students for free. Students will eat breakfast in their classroom. Those students who choose not to eat breakfast will have an alternative activity.
- At the beginning of each month I will both email and send home a calendar highlighting the monthly events happening here at Liberty. We will also be sending text or email reminders through Remind as these events happen. We highly encourage you to download the app if you have yet downloaded it. Teachers will also be using Remind to communicate regularly with you.
- We also have a private Facebook group. If you are not a member, please search for us “Liberty Leopards Families”.
- This year in the folder coming home at back to school night, I have included a calendar of events already planned for the year for your planning convenience.
- We have applications in the office for free/reduced lunch. Please stop by the office and fill one out if you can benefit from this. Each year you must reapply.
- Please remember that all important information including lunch menus, community council meetings, and the latest events can be found on our school webpage: liberty.murrayschools.org
- Please make sure you follow our drop-off and pick-up procedures when using the drop-off zone. We want to make sure all students are safe!
- Please make sure to register your child online if you have not yet done so. Your child will not be able to use the computers until you do so.
- We will be having a reunification drill on Friday, September 21st at 2:00. All students must be checked out by an adult. Look for more information in your back to school folder and for information to come home in the coming weeks.
This year we will be having Back to School Night on Wednesday, August 22nd beginning at 6:30 pm. We hope you can join us for an hour where lots of important information will be shared. I highly encourage you to make this a priority. If there is ever anything I can do to help, please don’t hesitate to call or drop by the office.